Gain a successful career in the paralegal field.
Berkeley College makes it possible for the students to become professionals in their chosen fields once they complete the inclusive and encouraging program that focuses on academic honor and the fulfillment in engaging in furthering their education throughout their lives.
- Hands-on Internships
- A Bachelor's degree (36 months) or Associate`s degree (18 months)
- Online degrees: Bachelor`s and Associate`s - these can be obtained with a part-time or full-time schedule
- We make it easy on you! Choose to attend day, evening/weekend, and/or online classes
- For students that qualify, Berkeley College offer more than $17 million each year in Berkeley College grants and scholarships
- Berkeley offer a tuition freeze to are enrolled in continuing full-time classes
- Small class sizes for individualized attention
- The faculty is hand picked due to their academic credentials and professional experience
- An broad network of reputable employer connections
- Berkeley are staffed with more than 20 Career Services professionals that specialize in all of the programs and aid you in your job hunt
- Will assist you in career placement for life, for free
- Located at seven convenient places within the New York metropolitan area
- Berkeley hold a 96% job placement record for last year
Students can choose between the urban and suburban among Berkeley's seven different campuses. Most of the Berkeley campuses are located within 40 minutes of all of the attractions of New York City, from museums to theaters, concerts, sporting events, historic sites, and much more. Berkeley College is a large academic community dedicated to quality teaching and helping students for successful careers in business with each campus having its own distinctive qualities.
Associate's Degree programs: Paralegal Studies
Paralegals are extremely important to the legal offices where they serves as legal assistants.
Paralegals perform many tasks that are expected of lawyers. Paralegals are supervised by lawyers in which they work for, and perform duties like investigating legal issues and examining the facts discovered. They are also responsible for preparing pleadings, contracts, forms, legal memoranda and other legal documents as needed. Paralegals conduct interviews with the clients and help manage the cases and they also help the lawyer by delivering legal services from the lawyer to the client. Paralegals are not permitted to provide legal services to the public.
Berkeley College's Paralegal Studies (A.A.S) degree program is accepted by the American Bar Association (ABA) and has been created to allow you to focus on developing your technical skills, broaden your understandings, and express yourself with communication skills, which work together to allow you success as an entry-level legal assistant. Obtaining your degree will allow you to work in places such as:
- Litigation Environmental
- Law Business/Corporate
- Collection Real Estate
- Employee Benefits
- Trusts and Estates
- Computer Law
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property
- Criminal Law
- Entertainment Law
- Workers` Compensation
Berkeley College is a reputable and respected community facility that provides to with a competitive edge above all others applying for a position:
- Individualized attention in small classes
- Concentration on technology, important to the legal system of today
- Hands-on learning experience
- To provide first hand learning, your instructors are actual attorneys
Upon completion of the Paralegal Studies program made available to you at Berkeley College, you will be able to take the national certifying exams from the national Federation of Paralegal Associations and the Nationals Association of Legal Assistants. The program also counts for the first step in earning your Bachelor`s degree in business, law, or will allow you to work in law offices, legal departments of large corporations, banks, accounting firms, and government offices.
List of education programs offered by Berkeley College
- AAS Paralegal Studies
Berkeley College list of campuses
- Berkeley College - Garret Mountain Campus - West Paterson, (New Jersey)
- Berkeley College - New York City Lower Manhattan Extension - New York, (New York)
- Berkeley College - New York City Midtown Campus - New York, (New York)
- Berkeley College - Newark Campus - Newark, (New Jersey)
- Berkeley College - Paramus Campus - Paramus, (New Jersey)
- Berkeley College - White Plains Campus - White Plains, (New York)
- Berkeley College - Woodbridge Campus - Woodbridge, (New Jersey)